Friday, February 10, 2012

2/10/12

Wow so it has been a crazy last two months!  I feel like a fell of the wagon.  I have lost only 9 pounds in the last two months.  but I guess that is better then gaining 9 lbs.  When I went home my mom and grandma were very supportive but it got me off of my routine.  I do not like change.  So once I have something going like my diet routine it was way different being home and being on some body else's routine.  It was a nice eye opener on how the it will be when I get back to just maintaining vs.  trying to lose weight.  I went and weighed in yesterday and lost 5.8 lbs.  for a grand total of 120.2 lbs lost. I now weigh in at 236.8 lbs.  It has been a battle but one that I am winning.  I have caught myself cheating for no reason.  I will see something that looks good and I will have a bite or two.  Now in the long run that will not hurt me but when I am trying to get to my goal it just keeps me that much farther away. 

I have recently started playing basketball three days a week over my lunch hour.  It is an amazing feeling to be up and about and running around with out all that extra weight.  It has thrown my shot off quite a bit because I can actually jump now so that is something that I will have to get used to.   It is a great feeling to be able to run for an hour straight and only be winded vs. being out of breath from walking up some stairs. 

I have found my job is getting easier as well.  I am able to climb up and do things that I would never imagined possible before.  I also feel more focused and my mind is not else where when it should be at work.

I have noticed how flexible I actually am.  When in a standing position I can bend over and put my palms flat on the floor.  I can actually put my nose on my knee.  These are only little things but they have made the world of difference to me.  Another small victory for me was the other day I was looking at shirts on JC Penny's website.  I could actually order shirts that fit me and could get the ones I wanted vs having to get shirt solely based on the shirts available in the size I needed.  One of the down falls to the life change.  Today I was walking out side and slipped on a patch of ice.  IT HURT! I miss having all that extra padding to soften my landing.  But I guess I will just have to live with that pain.  After all it is a good pain. 

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  And it is not as scary as it used to be.  I was worried that I was going to have a lapse and just gain a bunch of weight back, but now I know that I am going to be alright.  Being healthy will allow me to have fun in other ways that I never thought I would be able to enjoy.  I actually will want to go for hikes and see places you can only get to on foot vs. just being ok with seeing them in photos.  I want to be active and have an eventful life.  Where in the past my life was based on eating and drinking.  It is sad that that is the truth but it is a lesson that I have learned about my self. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome buddy! Keep up the good work. You'll get to show off that new rockin body at the beach this summer!

    ReplyDelete